Our latest product to break cover in Europe is the all new Premium, AFRICA Series Heavy Duty Tuff-Trek 380g Rooftent.
Having looked at all the other Roof Top Tent products on the market we took the best elements from each and combined them to make our own, all new AFRICA SERIES Tuff-Trek 380g Rooftent, hand made for us in South Africa, designed for long duration overland journeys.
What makes them different?
Fabric – we went with a world class, famous 380g Ripstop Polyester-Cotton blend canvas. This highly durable fabric is a little heavier and old fashioned but well known from other South African rooftents. It features a special pigment coating to give it great UV resistance, great water proofing and the abilty to weather and face UV really well. It’s then coated again with a special fluorocarbon coating to make it extra slippery and mould resistant.
Because these tents were designed for longer Overlanding Trip we decided to offer the new AFRICA SERIES Tuff-Trek 380g Canvas Rooftent with or without a full lower annex. You decide depending on your own needs….
- 380 gsm fluoro-carbon coated, pigment coated polyester, cotton ripstop canvas
- Fly-Sheet – new TT-02 Pro style Fly Sheet extra protection
- The solid side flaps give more shade in hot conditions and more rain protection in rainy conditions
- Mattress – our 75mm high density foam mattress is strong yet comfortable and comes with a washable cotton cover
- Base – we use a composite board system (aluminium skin, pine board over polystyrene for insulation), makes Africa Series Rooftop Tent strong
- Closed – 120cm L x 140cm W (add 1-2cm for travel cover access)
- Open – 240cm L (bed length) + 80cm Extension Length (total 320cm L x 140cm W x 1.3m H)
- Weight 63kg
- Lower Annex stores separately, in stuff sack – weight 12kg
- Annex Foot Print is approx. 1.4m wide x 2m long
- * Please note, Defender owners may need an optional ladder extension due to roof height
- Khaki Green with Contrast Trim
- Annex: HD Polyester with fitted groundsheet – Green