TUFF-TREK® Overland Series MK2 Aluminium Roof Tent
TUFF-TREK ® OVERLAND MK2 Roof Tent
After offering our original OVERLAND Series since 2014 we felt it was time for a totally new roof tent. Using lessons learned over 7 years of production we created the TUFF-TREK ® OVERLAND Series MK2 aluminium hard shell roof tent.
This tough 2x person hard shell roof tent is still hand made for us in South Africa but we designed for wet and windy EU climates/conditions, not just sunny African and Australian conditions.
One of the key features is the unique STORM AWN, designed to give better internal protection from driven rain and high winds, as well as improved cover over the side doors. You can also open your windows when inside the tent and still be better protected from rain and wind, by the unique design of our STORM AWN.
Featuring Safari Grade 400g RIPTECH canvas and a spacious but aerodynamic new aluminium shell, OVERLAND MK2 has been designed from scratch to offer quick, easy to use setup and lots of interior space for a couple and their bedding.
The built in insulation (roof and below mattress) makes the tent cool in summer and warm in winter and can easily be removed if not required.
Built in LED lighting and charge points let you keep your phone/ipad topped up whilst you rest. The tough all alumnium roof is extremely strong so you can strap loads of up to 50kg to the roof.
With optional load bars you can carry your bike or canoe/kayak with you wherever you choose to explore!
As featured in LAND ROVER MONTHLY MAGAZINE – see story here
- NOW SOLD OUT – NEW STOCK DUE FEB/MARCH 2023
- More interior space when closed (store more bedding inside when closed)
- New Higher Opening lid (152cm) – sit up fully making dressing easier
- Rugged textured Grey Black Finish
- Gas struts hidden inside the shell (when closed)- better protection from damage, weather conditions
- Streamlined Appearance
- Integrated Charge point (phones/tablets) & LED light
- Anderson connector underneath tent – connect vehicle power
- Much larger, extra covered area – designed to offer protection from wind driven rain
- Provides shelter over side windows – as well as rear
- Unique new design – 4x window rods – designed to reduce flapping in windy conditions
- External MOLLE style metal plates – Provides IMPACT Protection on corners/sides
- Doubles up as mounting points for equipment – Mount awnings, lights direct to the side of your tent
- Aerodynamic, high capacity Aluminium Shell
- Safari Grade 400g RIPTECH Canvas
- Opens higher than before – 152mm (more room to sit and dress)
- 12V Socket / USB /LED light
- His and Hers – Multi Pocket Internal Organizers
- Interior Insulation (top + removable washable base)
- 75mm High Density Mattress with washable cover
- Rear Storm-Awn system
- Lockable, Stainless Steel Catches
- New Telescopic Ladder + Bag
- High Strength Roof – Carry up to 50kg on the roof
- Closed: 220cm L x 145cm W
- Closed Height: 20cm (front) x 30cm (Rear)
- Open Height: Shell 159cm / Internal 154cm
- Mattress Size: 130cm Wide x 210cm Long
- Weight 83kg approx. (ladder 4kg)
- £3,195 inc VAT
- Do I need a Roof Rack?
- No – OVERLAND MK2 can be mounted on roof bars (75kg minimum load rating)
- Can also be mounted using our new Z Rails – £175 Pair (1.6m long)
- Can I attach CARGO to the OVERLAND MK2 Roof?
- Yes – OVERLAND mk2 can take 50kg roof loads with optional roof bars – £180
- Includes 2m long roof rails, fits M8 Bolts / Eyelets
- Are there different colours?
- OVERLAND MK2 is only available in Textured Grey Shell with Grey Fabric and Black Trim
- Do You Deliver?
- Yes we can delivery UK Wide
- We also deliver Europe Wide
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.